Armed Forces License Plates
The Washington Department of Licensing issues license plates to eligible veterans/military/family members** with six separate designs, each containing a symbol representing a different branch of the armed forces to include Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and WA National Guard.
Purchasers also receive a decal indicating their military status, to include:
- Active Duty
- Disabled Veteran
- Army Guard
- Air Guard
- Army Retired (for Army National Guard Retirees)
- Air Retired (for Air National Guard Retirees)
- Fallen Hero (This decal would be available for an eligible family member of a military member killed in action)
- Gold Star (A separate Gold Star License Plate is also available to certain family members.)
The special license plates may be used in place of regular or personalized license plates for motor vehicles, including motorcycles, required to display one and two motor vehicle license plates.
Visit http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/spmilitary.html for information on initial and renewal plate fees. $28 from the purchase and renewal of each plate will be directed to the Veterans Stewardship Account and is tax deductible.
The Veterans Stewardship Account will be used for activities that benefit veterans, such as maintaining the state veteran’s cemetery in eastern Washington and providing programs and services for homeless veterans.
You are eligible to purchase a plate at any Vehicle Licensing Office if you:
- Served at any time in the U.S.Military
- Are currently on active duty
- Served in the Guard or Reserves
- Currently in the Guard or Reserves
- Are a Family Member of those listed above.
*Motorcycle and trailer plates are also available.
1-800-562-0132 option 1