We want to make working with Washington State Government easier

The state of Washington wants to learn more about your interactions with its government services to better support your needs. Please take this 15-minute survey https://watech1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_723xYcpmStRfemi?Agency=WDVA&Channel=website for a chance to win a $200 gift card (your choice of 1,000+ options)!

Korean War Ambassador for Peace Medal

Are you a Korean War Veteran in Washington State?

Ambassador for Peace Medal

Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Seattle seeks Korean War veterans from Washington State to honor with the Ambassador for Peace Medal.  If you served in the Korean War, you may be eligible for the Korean Ambassador for Peace Medal. This commemorative medal is an expression of appreciation from the Korean government to American service men and women who served in the Korean War.

The Ambassador for Peace Medal was first presented to veterans as a special memento for those of who returned to South Korea through the ‘Revisit Program’. The honor has since expanded to veterans who cannot travel long journey to Korea. The Ambassador for Peace Medal and Certificate will be presented to all eligible veterans in attendance as an expression of appreciation from the Korean government to American service men and women.

To be eligible, veterans must have served in country during the Korean War from June 25, 1950 to July 27, 1953. It is also available for the veterans who participated in UN peacekeeping operations until the end of 1955.

For consideration of this medal please submit the following to jenm@dva.wa.gov 

  • Veteran’s Full name
  • Branch of Service
  • Dates served, on the ground, in Korea
  • Washington State Mailing Address
  • Phone Number

We are planning a virtual event at the end of the year where recipients of the medal will be announced.

Korean War Medal for Peace Online Request Form

Please provide the Service member's information in the form below.

Service Member Information - Must live in Washington State
Branch of Service
Submitter Information
If you are the Service member referenced above, please provide your information below. If you are the next of kin and are submitting on behalf of the Service member please enter your information below. 
Submitter Name
Please provide a description of your relationship to the Service member if you are not the Service member him or herself submitting the form. 
Contact Information - Recipient must live in Washington State; contact the Korean Consulate's Office in your state if not located in Washington
Mailing Address
Please provide the address where you would like the medal to be sent. 
Check the box for "yes"