Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee --created--membership--terms--powers & duties RCW 43.60A.080
What is the VAAC?
The Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee (VAAC) is a seventeen member committee appointed by the Governor. Each member is appointed to a term of four years. Veterans are recommended for appointment to the VAAC by the leadership of nationally recognized Veteran Service Organizations active in Washington State, and two members are appointed as veterans at large.
The VAAC Operates with the motto of No Veteran Forgotten, and serves in an advisory capacity to the Governor and the Director of the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs.
Town Hall Meetings
VAAC Members divide into small groups and plan Town Hall meetings in locations across the state.
Town Hall meetings serve two purposes:
1) To provide a forum for veterans and their families to learn about the services and resources available in their own communities.
2) To educate VAAC members on issues that are important to veterans and their families across the state so that the VAAC can share this information with the WDVA Director and the Governor.
Upcoming VAAC Town Hall Meetings
Previous Meeting Minutes:
- November 7, 2019 - Longview
- October 13, 2019 Meeting Minutes - Centralia
- October 3, 2019 Centralia – American Legion Post
- September 19, 2019 Commander's Call - AMVETS Post 1
- June 27, 2019 Colville
- May 9, 2019 Pasco
- March 21, 2019 Ellensburg
- November 15, 2018 – Sequim, WA
- October 18, 2018 – Burlington, WA
- September 20, 2018 – Commander’s Call
- July 12, 2018 – Omak, WA
- May 3, 2018 – Pullman, WA
- March 22, 2018 - Ephrata, WA
- November 16, 2017 – Spokane, WA
- October 19, 2017 - Aberdeen, WA
- September 21, 2017 – Vancouver
- Commander’s Call – May 18, 2017 - Meeting Materials from May 18th Commander's Call:
- Marysville - March 16, 2017
- Kelso - November 17, 2016
- Bellingham - October 20, 2016
- Wapato - September 15, 2016
- Chelan - July 21, 2016
- Shelton - April 28, 2016
- Oak Harbor - February 18, 2016