Claims Assistance

Locate a Service Officer near you!

map of washington counties
Locate a Service Officer near you!

Contact Information


FY 22-23

Olympia Call Center received approximately 4,768 calls

Visitors 1,015

Claims filed 613

WDVA Field Services Network:

VA Disability Compensation and Pension claims filed:    12,378

Approval Rating (Batting Average) 84%

Income generated for veteran residents from claims going into state economy:  $153.7 Million

How can WDVA Help me?

The Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) is a full-service state agency that assists veterans, their family members and survivors. The department is an advocate for veterans and their families, and aggressively pursues all federal and state benefits and entitlements on their behalf.

The department’s Veterans Service Offices and the statewide referral service are staffed with qualified Service Officers to assist veterans and family members in accessing benefits to which they may be entitled; including;

  • VA Disability Compensation

  • VA Pension or Widows Pension

  • Aid & Attendance

  • Health Care Benefits

  • Other Federal, State or County Benefits

Using a case management approach, our staff attend to the needs of the individual and their families by providing counseling and referral services in a holistic fashion. This includes representing veterans in cases adjudicated with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in Seattle. Outreach services are available for areas which are not near a Veterans Service Office.

Contact a Service Officer

When meeting with your Service Officer, please bring as many of the following documents with you as you can to help us prepare your initial claim for veterans benefits.

  • Copy of DD214 or other separation papers for all periods of service

  • Copies of your marriage certificate and all divorce decrees

  • Copies of the public birth records for each child you claim as a dependent

  • A copy of all service medical records you have

  • Medical records you have showing you currently have this disability (diagnosis)

  • Medical records you have indicating the disability was caused by or happened during your active military service