Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
Director Lourdes E. Alvarado-Ramos
Deputy Director David Puente, Jr.
November 05, 2020
Olympia: Washington State Outstanding Service to Veterans Awardees to be honored at virtual Auburn Veterans Day event.
Six Washington residents and two teams were honored on Sunday, November 9 with Outstanding Service to Veterans Awards for their contributions to Washington State’s veterans and their families during the past year.
The awards, co-sponsored each year by the Governor's Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee (VAAC) and the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs, recognize individuals who devote time and energy to improving the lives of Washington's veterans and their families.
The awards are typically presented at a special luncheon in Auburn, following the awardees participation in the City’s annual Veterans Day Parade. This year, the City of Auburn has created several virtual and in-person opportunities for the public recognize Veteran’s Day and acknowledge the contributions of these award winners. LIST OF AUBURN EVENTS HERE
Sunday, November 8
Virtual Veterans Tribute Program
Airing at 6:30 PM
This virtual program will include live performances, patriotic music, inspirational stories and a walk down memory lane. The program will be showcased on all of Auburn's social media outlets on November 8 at 6:30 PM. https://www.auburnwa.gov/workspaces/One.aspx?objectId=13559504&contextId=13102510
The 2020 Outstanding Service to Veterans are:
- State Representative Jacquelin Maycumber, Legislator of the Year Award
- State Senator Emily Randall, Legislator of the Year Award
- Angel Williams, Superior Award (Thurston)
- Tom Hove, Superior Award (King County)
- Gary Walderman, Distinguished Award (Snohomish County)
- Donna Buck, Distinguished Award (Pierce County)
- Lacey Veterans Services Hub, Team Award (Thurston County)
- Liberty Disaster Relief Services – A Hero’s Promise, Team Award (Thurston/Pierce)
Heidi Audette, Communications Director
(360) 725-2154 – office
(360) 791-8966 – cell