Veterans Training Support Center Seeking Subject Matter Experts
It is with great excitement that the Veteran Training Support Center (VTSC) continues our work to identify professional development opportunities to fill our 2021 training calendar.
This email is our official call for proposals to seek subject matter experts who can enrich our training program.
Here is how the process will work.
Interested professionals will have until December 3rd to submit their training proposals.
Trainers are encouraged to submit any and all training proposals they feel will aide in our mission of ‘advancing understanding of veterans and their family members.’ Through a participant feedback survey, VTSC has identified three categories of trainings that will be offered in the future.
- The first is Professional Development Trainings (continuing education). These trainings focus on trauma related and veteran focused topics that can apply toward licensure. Proposals will be reviewed by a CEU Approval Board as required by the American Psychological Association. VTSC is in the final stages of developing the Approval Board.
- The second category is Specialty Trainings. This includes, but is not limited to, topics that surround marginalized communities, judicial/law/incarceration, higher education, and aging populations and can be presented by a professional who is/is not a mental health practitioner.
- The last training category is Veteran Trainings. This category is focused on trainings that can be provided directly to veterans and their family members, such as transitional support, VA benefits, career planning, etc. These trainings can be presented by a professional who is/is not a mental health practitioner.
All training proposals must include the following and will be reviewed by a Curriculum Review Committee by December 21st.
- Time length of training (half day = 3 hours | full day = 6 hours)
- Description of the training
- Objectives of the training
- Category (Professional, Specialty, or Veteran focused)
- Must be veteran centric/related
- Training platform: In-person, Virtual, Hybrid (please list all that are applicable)
If you (the trainer) have not trained with VTSC within the last 6 months, we will need an updated bio and photo of you (which will be used on our new website).
Please include the following information in your biography:
- Business/Company/Organization associated with
- Current area of focus
- Veteran/Active Duty/Retiree/Veteran Family Member (If applicable)
Please submit all completed proposals in a Microsoft Word document.
Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will be evaluated by the Curriculum Review Committee and successful applicants will be notified by December 29st, 2020. Proposals that have not been selected will be retained for a period of one year from the date received.
Thank you for your time and for your continued support of VTSC and the WDVA ‘s in our mission to ‘serve those who have served.’
Tom Hove, MSW
Vet Corps Region 1 Coordinator
Interim Training Manager at VTSC